Klik op het logo om de vacatures op de site van onze partners te bekijken!
Young graduate Engineer
BASF Antwerp, Belgium
At BASF Antwerp, we are working on the future. For example, we will switch completely to green electricity from 2023 and we want to be the first climate-neutral chemical site. Would you like to work on a sustainable future in a warm team? Then perhaps you could flourish with us!
As a Master in engineering, you are part of multidisciplinary project teams in our in house Engineering department at BASF Antwerp. You’ll be starting in a junior position, suitable for your talents and interests:
• Lead Engineer (process, piping, mechanical, E&I) is the point of contact for the engineering of your subject specialisation in investment projects on the site. In doing so, you are responsible for the scope, budgeting and completion deadlines.
• Process Manager, you are responsible for process optimisation. This includes both process safety and efficiency. You continuously search analytically for process settings that improve product quality and efficiency.
• Asset Manager optimises the Overall Asset Effectiveness of your installation together with the team. In doing so, you make root cause analyses and draw up preventive maintenance plans. You then follow up and improve them thoroughly.
• Maintenance Manager, you are jointly responsible for the efficient planning and execution of daily maintenance activities and shutdowns. This includes both mechanical and E&I aspects. You do this within the agreed budget, taking care of the environment, safety and health of employees.
• Electrical Engineer for high and low voltage, you and your colleagues are responsible for the management and operation of the high and low voltage installations on our site. You will help determine the asset strategy and standardisation of grid concepts, provide input for the future development of high-voltage grids and participate in investment planning.
You can expect a challenging entry-level role within one of the professional services or production departments. With the support of your colleagues, you’ll be given your own responsibilities. In the future, you’ll be able to grow in a high tech environment.
• You are graduating this academic year as a Master of engineering.
• You have a problem-solving mindset.
• You enjoy tackling new challenges together with your colleagues, always being safety, environmental and quality-conscious.
• You enjoy building an extensive internal network.
We offer you
• A challenging and constantly evolving job.
• A warm welcome during our reception days and guidance by a BASF buddy.
• A nice working atmosphere in a large and stable company on a human scale
• A growing salary package with numerous options (time/money, lease bicycle, …), a bonus, a fixed net remuneration, various fringe benefits (including a lease car) and several social provisions like a pension plan, hospitalization insurance for you and your family, discounts in multiple stores, etc.
• A good work-life balance! You will have flexible working hours and 38 vacation days. Occasional homeworking is possible as well.
• A well-filled stomach due to our extensive offer in the company restaurant, monthly fruit distribution and meal vouchers.
• Alternative ways to get to the site (free bus transport, lease car, bicycle lease plan).
• Opportunities for self-development through a wide range of training courses and an internal job market.
We are BASF Antwerp NV, the second largest production site of the BASF group, and the largest chemical company in Belgium.
We are globaly number one in chemistry through our intelligent solutions for our customers as well as for a sustainable future. Our more than 3,000 colleagues form a diverse team and specialise in production, logistics, engineering, lab, energy management but also safety, environment, communication and so on. Our diversity makes us stronger! We also create careers at BASF, so there is a wide range of opportunities, in Belgium and internationally.
Become part of the best team!